Sacks Thrift Silent Auctions
Fall 2022 Auction Dates TBD
Throughout the year, we collect high-end donations and collectibles, to further our impact in raising vital funds for Help Center, Inc. programs. Stop by the store at 138 W. Mendenhall to place your bid!
Silent Auction Rules
- Please do not bid if you will be out of town. We do not have the space to hold items for longer than a few days.
- To make a bid for a Silent Auction item:
- Write your first and last name, phone number, date, and the amount you wish to bid on the corresponding bid sheet.
- The opening bid must be at least the minimum price listed. Each subsequent bid must follow the increment listed. Any bids not adhering to this format will be declared invalid and voided.
- If a name is crossed out or the staff cannot read it, that bid will be considered null. Once the Auction is declared closed, the last bid entered on the bid sheet that adheres to the designated increment shall constitute the winning bid. The Sacks Staff will mediate any disputes among bidders and that determination shall be final.
- Bidders do not need to be present at closing to win, but must pick up their items within 48 hours of closing or else the next bidder on the list will be called. If the first person does not respond or pick up the item, the next bidder will be contacted. In the event that no bidders respond, the item will go on the sale floor for a price deemed by staff. Any items not picked and/or paid for will become the property of the Sacks Thrift Stores will be sold and all proceeds will go to Sacks Thrift.
- Invoices will be prepared shortly after the closing of the Silent Auction. Bidders present at the store at the end of the auction must pay for and pick up their items. The list of winners and the invoices will be posted at the front counter. The cashier will ask for a picture ID and item number.
- All bidders must be at least 18 years of age. There is no “upper limit” for your bids! If the bid sheet is full, please turn it around and continue on the back.
- All bids must be made in store. No phone-in bids.
- There are no discounts on auction items (Senior, Military, School, etc.). Sacks will not honor or redeem stamp cards for auction items.
- Items are sold “As Is” and are placed at fair market value. Sacks Thrift cannot validate authenticity of items. Please be aware before you place your bid. Sacks Thrift provides no guarantees, warranties or servicing of auction items and is not liable for any personal injury or damage to property that may result from the use of the item or service sold. Each person bidding assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and items obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless from any liability arising indirectly from Sacks Thrift Stores, their elected officials, members, employees and volunteers connected with the auction.
- Sacks Thrift accepts cash, checks and all major credit cards.
- AUCTION ITEM PURCHASES ARE FINAL! No returns or exchanges will be issued. All Items are bought and paid for AS IS.